Myanmar Maternal and Child Welfare Association (MMCWA) invites a Myanmar National committed person, well oriented with SRHiE (Sexual Reproductive Health in Emergency) Programme to apply for a vacant post to be filled at MMCWA, Nay Pyi Taw. This person will be responsible to act as a "Humanitarian Programme Officer" of SPRINT III project to International Planned Parenthood Federation.
|Job Tittle||Humanitarian Programme Officer|
|Budget Responsibility||SPRINT III|
|Immediate Supervisor||Executive Director of MA|
Background on SPRINT III
The SPRINT III project aims to improve health outcomes of crisis affected population by reducing preventable sexual and reproductive health (SRH) morbidity and mortality. SPRINT works across the emergency management lifecycle with dedicated activities around enabling environment, preparedness and emergency response.
This may include:
- Increased awareness of SRH needs in crises raised with key stakeholders by advocating to organization/government policy makers.
- Incorporating SRH into emergency preparedness and response plans at government and organization level by reviewing policies, protocols and SRH related laws
- Updating preparedness plans to include SRH and ensuring SRH is included in Health Information Systems and M&E tools.
- Participating in interagency coordination teams established and engaged in preparedness activities
- Build capacity of MMWCA and partners related to humanitarian and SRH in emergencies including the Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) for SRH in crisis.
- Provide lifesaving SRH services to crisis-affected populations through MISP.
- Manage the coordination and capacity building plans at national and sub-national level for SPRINT III.
- Work with Executive Director and IPPF Humanitarian staff in designing and implementing SPRINT III activities and work plans.
- Support ED and act as the focal person for SPRINT IIII project related meetings nationally and internationally as required.
- Implement and report SPRINT III project activities at national and subnational levels.
- Develop and maintain organizational relationships with senior executives in MMWCA, government, development organizations, UN agencies and donors.
- Collect and maintain database of MISP trained in-country participants and maintain a network of MISP trained personnel.
- Coordination with IPPF Humanitarian staff in preparing and implementing SRHiE and MISP Trainings.
- Lead and manage SPRINT III reports and emergency proposals to IPPF Humanitarian.
- Coordinate and lead emergency response programme under SPRINT III, if required.
- Undertake other duties as reasonably assigned by line manager and IPPF Humanitarian staff, in consultation with Executive Director.
- Degree in public health related field with experience of working with Government & CSO in related work for not less than 3 years. Preference for experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Experience working on humanitarian preparedness and response programmers in Myanmar is preferred.
- Project development and management skills
- Strong analytical, research skills and independent thinking
- Facilitation and negotiation skills including running training and facilitating workshops.
- Have sufficient skills in computer use including Microsoft Office (word and excel).
- Fluent spoken and written English
Duration – initially January - March 2022 with possibility of extension depending on donor funding and cost extension of the SPRINT IV grant.
Duty Station - Nay Pyi Taw
The person who is interested in can send CV and cover letter with two referees to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th January, 2022.